These General Terms and Conditions of Rocher are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Netherlands. You agree, as we do, to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Dutch courts in the event of any dispute arising from these General Terms and Conditions. These General Terms and Conditions of Rocher applies both to companies and individuals, both to public and private enterprises and both at European and national and local levels. If you have any questions about our general Terms and Conditions please do not hesitate to contact us via email: email@example.com
ARTICLE 1 Definitions.
ARTICLE 2 The Entrepreneur’s identity
ARTICLE 3 Applicability
ARTICLE 4 The offer
ARTICLE 5 The contract
ARTICLE 6 Right of withdrawal
ARTICLE 7 Costs in case of withdrawal
ARTICLE 8 Exclusion of the right of withdrawal
ARTICLE 9 The price
ARTICLE 10 Conformity and Guarantee
ARTICLE 11 Delivery and execution
ARTICLE 12 Continuing performance contract
ARTICLE 13 Payment
ARTICLE 14 Complaints procedure
ARTICLE 15 Disputes
In these Terms and Conditions, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
Rocher: the natural of legal person affiliated with Rocher.
Consumer: the natural person not acting in the exercise of his/her profession or business and entering into a distance contract with Rocher;
Distance Contract: a contract in which, up to the conclusion of the contract, exclusive use is made of one or more technologies of distance communication within the scope of the system organised by Rocher for distance sale of products and/or services;
Technology for distance communication: a means to be used for concluding an agreement, without the consumer and Rocher being together in the same place at the same time.
Cooling off period: the period during which the Consumer may exercise the right of withdrawal;
Right of withdrawal: the option for Consumers to withdraw from the distance contract within the cooling off period;
Day: calendar day;
Continuing performance contract: a distance contract concerning a series of products and/or services, for which the offer and/or purchasing obligation is spread over a longer period;
Longterm data carrier: any means that allow the costumer or Rocher to store information directed to him/her personally in a way to make future consultation and unaltered reproduction of the stored information possible.
ARTICLE 2 – The Entrepreneur’s identity
Company name: Rocher
Business address: Van hallstraat 284
PM CET (Central European Time)
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chamber of Commerce number: 67155839
VAT identification number: NL191307208B01
If the Entrepreneur’s activity is subject to a relevant licensing regime: information about the supervising authority;If the
Entrepreneur practices a regulated profession:
− the professional association or organisation of which he is a member;
− the title of his profession, the place in the EU or the EEA where it is awarded;
− a reference to the rules of professional practice which are applicable in the Netherlands and information about where and how these professional rules can be accessed.
ARTICLE 3 – Applicability
1. These General Terms and Conditions apply to any offer from Rocher and to any distance contract concluded by Rocher and the Consumer.
2. Before concluding a distance contract, Rocher shall make the text of these General Terms and Conditions available to the Consumer. If this is reasonably not possible, Rocher, before concluding the distance contract, shall notify that the General Terms and Conditions can be inspected at Rocher and that, at the Consumer´s request, they will be sent to the Consumer free of charge as soon as possible.
3. If the distance contract is concluded electronically, the text of these General Terms and Conditions, in deviation from the previous section and before the distance contract is concluded, may also be supplied to the Consumer electronically in such a way that the Consumer can easily store it on a longterm data carrier. If this is reasonably impossible, it will be specified where the General Terms and Conditions can be viewed electronically before concluding the distance contract, and that they will be delivered at the Consumer´s request free of charge, either electronic means or otherwise;
4. If in addition to these General Terms and Conditions specific product or service conditions apply, the second and third paragraphs shall apply accordingly, and in the event of contradictory General Terms and Conditions, the Consumer may always appeal to the applicable provision that is most favourable to her/her.
ARTICLE 4 – The offer
1. If an offer is of limited duration or if certain conditions apply, it shall be explicitly stated in the offer.
2. The offer contains a full and accurate description of the products and/or services offered. The description is suitably detailed to enable the Consumer to assess the products and/or services adequately. If Rocher makes use of pictures, they are truthful images of the products and/or services provided. Obvious errors or mistakes in the offer are not binding for Rocher
3. All offers contain such information that it is clear to the Consumer what rights and duties are attached to accepting the offer.
This involves in particular:
− the price, including taxes;
− any delivery costs, if applicable;
− the way in which the agreement will be concluded, and what actions are needed to establish this;
− whether or not the right of withdrawal is applicable;
− the form of payment, delivery or performance of the contract;
− the time frame for accepting the offer, or , as the case may be, the time frame for honouring the price;
− the rate of distance communication if the costs for using the technology for distance communication are calculated on a basis other than the basic rate;
− if the contract is filed after conclusion, how the Consumer can consult it;
− the manner in which the Consumer may acquaint him/herself with undesired actions before concluding the contract, and the way the Consumer may correct these actions before the contract is concluded;
− any languages other than Dutch in which the contract can be concluded;
− the codes of conduct to which Rocher has submitted and the manner in which the consumer can consult these codes of conduct via electronic means, and the minimum duration of the distance contract in the event of a contract for continuous or periodical delivery of products or services.
ARTICLE 5 – The contract
1. Subject to the provisions in paragraph 4, the contract becomes valid when the consumer has accepted the offer and fulfilled the terms and conditions set.
2. If the consumer accepted the offer via electronic means, Rocher shall promptly confirm the receipt of the acceptance of the offer via electronic means. As long as the receipt of said acceptance has not been confirmed, the Consumer may repudiate the contract.
3. If the contract is concluded electronically, Rocher will take appropriate technical and organisational security measures for the electronic data transfer and ensure a safe web environment. If the Consumer can pay electronically, Rocher shall observe appropriate security measures.
4. Rocher may, within the limits of the law, gather information about Consumer’s ability to fulfil his payment obligations, as well as all facts and factors relevant to responsibly concluding the distance contract. If, acting on the results of this investigation, Rocher has sound reasons for not concluding the contract, he is lawfully entitled to refuse an order or request while giving reasons, or to attach special terms to the implementation.
5. Rocher shall send the following information along with the product or service, in writing or in such a way that the Consumer can store it in an accessible manner on a longterm data carrier:
a. the visiting address of Rocher business establishment where the Consumer may get into contact for any complaints;
b. the conditions on which and the way in which the Consumer may exercise the right of withdrawal, or, as the case may be, clear information about being exempted from the right of withdrawal;
c. the information corresponding to existing aftersales services and guarantees;
d. the information as stated in article 4 paragraph 3 of these Terms and Conditions, unless Rocher has already provided the Consumer with this information before the performance of the contract;
e. the requirements for cancelling the contract if the contract has a duration of more than one year or for an indefinite period of time.
6. If Rocher has undertaken to deliver a series of products or services, the stipulation in the previous paragraph applies to the first delivery only.
ARTICLE 6 – Right of withdrawal
When delivering products:
1. When purchasing products, the Consumer has the option to repudiate the contract with specifying the reasons to info@Rocher.nl to proceed the process for a period of 7 working days. This period starts on the day the product is received by or on behalf of the Consumer.
2. During this period, the Consumer shall handle the product and the packaging with care. The Consumer shall only unpack or use the product to the extent necessary to judge whether he or she wishes to keep the product. If wishing to exercise the right of withdrawal, the Consumer shall return the product with all delivered accessories and, as far as reasonably possible, in the original condition and packaging to Rocher in conformity with the Rocher reasonable and clear instructions.
When providing services
3. When providing services, the Consumer has the option to repudiate the contract with specifying the reasons to email@example.com , for a period of at least 14 working days starting on the day of concluding the contract.
4. To exercise the right of withdrawal, the Consumer shall follow the reasonable and clear instructions given by Rocher in this context during the offer and/or before the delivery.
ARTICLE 7 Costs in case of withdrawal
1. Should the Consumer exercise the right of withdrawal, only the returning costs are at the Consumer´s expense.
2. Rocher shall return this amount as soon as possible, but within not more than 7 working days after the withdrawal.
ARTICLE 8 Exclusion of the right of withdrawal
1. If the Consumer does not have the right of withdrawal, Rocher can exclude this right only if Rocher indicated this clearly in the offer or at least in good time before concluding the contract.
2. Exclusion of the right of withdrawal is only possible for products:
a. that were realised according to the Consumer’s specifications;
b. that are obviously personal in nature;
c. that cannot be returned due to their nature;
d. that spoil or age quickly;
e. whose prices are subject to fluctuations in the financial market that are beyond Rocher’s control;
f. for single newspapers and magazines;
g. for audio and video recordings and computer software of which the Consumer has broken the seal;
3. Exclusion of the right of withdrawal is only possible for services
a. regarding accommodation, transportation, restaurant establishments or Leisure activities to be used or performed on a certain date or during a certain period;
b. of which the provision has been started with the Consumer’s explicit consent before the expiration of the coolingoff period;
c. regarding betting and lotteries;
ARTICLE 9 The price
1. The prices of the products and/or services provided shall not be raised during the validity period stated in the offer, subject to changes in price due to changes in VAT rates.
2. Contrary to the previous paragraph, Rocher may offer products or services whose prices are subject to fluctuations in the financial market that are beyond Rocher’s control, at variable prices. The offer will state the possibility of being subject to fluctuations and the fact that any indicated prices are target prices.
3. Price increases within 3 months after concluding the contract are permitted only as a result of new legislation.
4. Price increases from 3 months after concluding the contract are permitted only if Rocher has stipulated it and:
a. they are the result of legal regulations or stipulations, or
b. the Consumer has the authority to cancel the contract before the day on which the price increase starts.
5. All prices indicated in the provision of products or services are including VAT.
ARTICLE 10 – Conformity and Guarantee
1. Rocher guarantees that the products and/or services comply with the contract, with the specifications listed in the offer, with reasonable requirements of usability and/or reliability and with the existing statutory provisions and/or government regulations on the day the contract was concluded.
2. An arrangement offered as a guarantee by Rocher, Manufacturer or Importer shall not affect the rights and claims the Consumer may exercise against Rocher about a failure in the fulfilment of obligations of Rocher based on the law and/or the distance contract.
ARTICLE 11 – Delivery and execution
1. Rocher shall exercise the best possible care when booking and when executing product orders, and when assessing requests for the provision of services.
2. The place of delivery is at the address given by the Consumer to Rocher.
3.With due observance of the stipulations in Article 4 of these General Terms and Conditions, Rocher shall execute accepted orders with convenient speed within 2 working days, unless a longer delivery period is necessary for delivery’s outside of the Netherlands, in those cases it may have a time of 5-10 working days. If the delivery has been delayed, or if an order cannot be filled or can be filled only partially, the Consumer shall be informed about this within one month after ordering. In such cases, the Consumer is entitled to repudiate the contract free of charge and with the right to possible compensation.
4. In the event of repudiation under the preceding paragraph, Rocher shall return the payment made by the Consumer after receiving the specified reasons at info@Rocher.nl, for a period of 7 working days as possible.
5. If delivering an ordered product turns out to be impossible, Rocher shall make an effort to offer an equivalent replacement product. Before the delivery, it shall be reported in a clear and comprehensible manner that a replacement product will be delivered. The right of withdrawal may not be excluded with replacement products. The costs of the return shipment are to be borne by the Consumer.
6. Unless explicitly agreed otherwise, the risk of loss of and/or damage to products shall remain with Rocher until the time they are delivered to the Consumer.
ARTICLE 12 – Termcontracts: duration, termination and renewal Notice
1. Regarding a indefinite contract, which extends to the regular delivery of products (including electricity) or services the consumer may terminate at any time in compliance to the applicable termination rules and a notice of up to one month.
2. Regarding a definite contract, which extends to the regular delivery of products (electricity included) or services the consumer can terminate the contract at any time at the end of the fixed term in compliance with the applicable termination rules and with a notice of at the most one month.
3. Consumers can the agreements mentioned in the preceding paragraphs: Cancel at any time and not be limited to termination at a particular time or in a given period; At least cancel the same way as they are entered into by the consumer; Cancel at the same notice as Rocher has negotiated for itself.
4. A contract for a definite period, which extends to the regular delivery of products (including electricity) or services may not be automatically extended or renewed for a fixed period.
5. Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, a contract for a definite period, which extends to the regular delivery of daily news and weekly newspapers and magazines be tacitly renewed for a maximum of three months if the consumer agreement that has been extended towards the end of the extension may be terminated with a notice of up to one month.
6. A contract for a definite period, which extends to the regular delivery of products or services may only be extended tacitly for an indefinite period if the consumer may cancel at any time with notice of one month and a notice of up three months if the contract is about regularly, but less than once a month, delivering daily, news and weekly newspapers and magazines.
7. Agreements with a limited duration of regular delivery of trial days, news and weekly newspapers and magazines (trial or introductory subscription) is terminated automatically and not tacitly continued after the trial or introductory Duration
8. If a contract lasts more than one year, after one year of the agreement the consumer may at any time terminate with a notice of up to one month prematurely, unless the reasonableness and fairness resisting the termination before the end of the agreed term.
ARTICLE 13 – Payment
1. When selling products to Consumers, it is not permitted to negotiate an advance payment of more than 50% in the General Terms and Conditions. When an advance payment was agreed, the Consumer may not assert any right regarding the execution of that order or the provision of the service in question before the agreed advance payment has been made.
2. The Consumer has the duty to inform Rocher promptly of possible inaccuracies in the payment details.
3. In case of nonpayment on the part of the Consumer, and subject to legal restrictions, Rocher is entitled to charge any predetermined reasonable costs incurred to the Consumer.
ARTICLE 14 – Complaints procedure
1. Rocher shall have a sufficiently notified complaints procedure and shall handle the complaint in accordance with this complaint procedure.
2. Complaints about the performance of the contract shall be submitted to Rocher fully and clearly described within 5 working days time after the Consumer has discovered the defects.
3. The complaints submitted with Rocher shall be replied within a period of 2 days after the date of receipt. Should a complaint demand a foreseeable longer time for handling, Rocher shall respond within 2 days with notice of receipt and an indication when the Consumer can expect a more detailed reply.